The Indiana Conference Board of Laity is pleased to sponsor the 2022 Laity Sermon Manuscript Contest again this year. The contest is open to all laypersons in the Indiana Conference.
In collaboration with the 2022 Indiana Annual Conference Session, the theme for this year’s manuscript contest is “Love God, Love Neighbor” based on Matthew 22:36-40. As of this date, the Annual Conference will be in-person so the author of the winning manuscript will present his or her manuscript during the Laity Session of Annual Conference on Thursday, June 9.
Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Manuscripts must be original and based on the theme.
- Manuscripts should be no more than 10 minutes in length when presented.
- Entries will be judged based on clarity, originality, relationship to the theme and composition.
- Manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover sheet that includes the writer’s name, phone number, email address, local church name and district.
- Entrants are asked not to include any personally identifying information in the manuscript itself since the manuscripts are to be judged anonymously.
- Previous winners are ineligible for 3 years.
- All entries MUST be received no later than Friday, April 1.
- The winner will be notified by Friday, April 15.
Entries should be submitted to Kim Arnott, Conference Director of Lay Servant Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the contest, please contact Kim Arnott at the above email address.