Medicare Open Enrollment
With fall now upon us, that not only signals the falling of leaves, but the calls
and advertisements for Medicare to begin. The Medicare Open Enrollment Period (OEP) is October 15 – December 7, 2020.
A few important reminders to our retired clergy and surviving spouses over the age of 65 or Medicare-eligible already enrolled with Via Benefits:
Enrollment is passive for retirees who are already enrolled.
- If a participant is happy with their current plan and does not want to make a change, no action is needed.
- If a participant wishes to make a change to their prescription drug plan or a Medicare Advantage plan, they may do so without any underwriting considerations during the OEP. Those making changes to Medicare Supplement plans may be subject to underwriting, depending on the state in which they live.
Service Center hours
- Monday- Friday: 8:00 AM- 9:00 PM (EST)
- Saturday: New for this year, Via Benefits will be open all
- Saturdays from October 17- December 5, 9:00 AM- 7:00 PM (EST)
Enhancements: Via Benefits has made several exciting enhancements to the participant experience, including the following:
- New IVR messaging & new ‘Call me back’ feature (virtual hold)
- Enhanced PDP check-up support
- Website improvements
- Funding mobile app
You should have already received a Fall Medicare Newsletter sent to your
home address which is filled with additional information.
If you are newly eligible for Medicare and/or planning to retire on or after age
65, please contact our Benefits Team at the Conference office if you haven’t heard from us previously. We will be happy to walk you through the transition from our HealthFlex Exchange coverages to the offerings with Via Benefits.
You may contact Via Benefits:
Allow us to use this time to also remind you how much we value each of you!
If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to the Conference office at (317) 924-1321.