This UMCOR training will equip church teams and individuals to respond effectively when facing a disaster in their communities and beyond.
- Discover which of your church resources can be valuable for disaster response.
- Discern how your church can best serve.
- Prepare for action.
- Speed up response time and shorten recovery time.
Individuals are welcome to train, of course, but teams are urgently needed and are more likely to organize and take action.
Please note that Connecting Neighbors is an excellent resource for starting a new community outreach ministry.
We are offering four ways to prepare you and your church team for disaster response. If you are called to:
- Family, church and community outreach for preparedness, sign up for Connecting Neighbors.
- Physically and emotionally helping survivors around Indiana and out of state, choose Early Response Team
- Renew and update your ERT badge, choose ERT Re-certification
- Lead and organize a church or district team ERT Team Leader
Please note that ERT requires an entire day, Connecting Neighbors ends by 3 pm and Re-Certification (am) & Team Leader (pm) are back to back 4 hr courses. Bring a team of any size and save with a single $25 registration fee.
Registration fee covers manual, badge for ERT’s and catered lunch.