Partnership Mission to Zimbabwe 2022:
Reaching people in Zimbabwe and New Heights in Tanzania
Sponsored by Wesley Foundation at Purdue & NW District of the INUMC
optional extensions in Tanzania: Mt. Kilimanjaro or Kigoma
Approximate Dates: Depart: Monday or Tuesday, July 11-12, 2022
Return to USA: Thurs. or Fri. Aug. 4 – 5, 2022
Tanzania extension to Sun. or Mon. August 14-15, 2022
Depart for U.S.A or Tanzania August 3 or 4, Wednesday or Thursday
Minimum & Maximum number of participants (including leaders): 8 / 15 people
- 8 is the minimum needed to make the trip happen. 15 is the maximum.
Approximate Costs (any leftover to be donated to missions in Africa) :
- Airfare $2000 (roundtrip)
- Zimbabwe portion: $1500 – $2000
- Kilimanjaro portion: approx. $3000 or Kigoma Extension: $1000
- Total: $3500 – $4,000 for Zimbabwe ($7000 – $7500 for full excursion with Kilimanjaro/ $4,500 – $5,000 for Kigoma excursion – these are estimates and cost will be finalized closer to date)
Payment Due Dates:
- Nov. 15th – $2000 (first round of ticket buying – will be lowest cost to buy tickets)
- Jan. 15th – Cost for Kilimanjaro portion (plus airfare if using this date for second round of ticket buying)
- Feb. 15th – $1000 for Kigoma portion due
- March 15th – Zimbabwe ($1500 – $2000) due / remaining balance due. Last chance to buy tickets
- Check: Mailed and made out to Wesley Foundation at Purdue w/ Memo: Zimbabwe 2022. Address: 435 W. State St. West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Money Order sent to Wesley Foundation
- Cashier’s Check sent to Wesley Foundation
- Venmo: wesley-foundation
- Paypal: (with 3% surcharge added)
Earliest date to confirm participation is November 2021
Latest date to join is February 2022
Zimbabwe: Mutually uplifting interaction and working with our African brothers and sisters at the…
Harare Central District, Africa University (http://www.africau.edu/), Fairfield Children’s Home (https://www.fosakids.org/), Inyanga, Honde Valley, and/or Vumba
Makoni-Buhera District and the Chiomadzi Village
Great Zimbabwe (https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/364) ,
Matopo Hills (https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/306/) ,
Hwange National Park (https://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/hwange-national-park.html )
Victoria Falls (https://victoriafallstourism.org/ )
Kigoma Extension – Travel to Tanzania and visit a local mission in the city of Kigoma, a port city on Lake Tanganyika. Work alongside locals to build a playground for their street mission which has over 200 children visit the mission weekly. Also enjoy optional work with their Radio ministry, widow ministry or even more.
Mt. Kilimanjaro – Climb the highest free standing mountain in the world, standing at over 19,000 feet near the equator. Nine-day fully supported backpacking trip that begins on the flat savannah, allowing for proper acclimatization before the summiting on day 7. Responsible tourism that helps the local economy and encourages positive interactions with our African friends.
We welcome participants to plan their own extensions before or after the main Zimbabwe tour. If you have the time it makes sense to take advantage of already being there.
Tentative Schedule for Zimbabwe –
Tues. July 12: Evening All Together maybe Mama Charity’s
Wed. July 13: Travel to District Outside of Harare toward Masvingo
Wed., July 13 night: Different Homes in District
Thurs. July 14: Travel to Africa University
Fri – Sun.., July 15 – 17: activities at Africa University
Mon.. – Tues., July 18-19 activities in the district or AU
Wed. to Chiomadzi and spend day and night
Thurs. July 21 back to Africa University
Fri- Mon, July 22-25 activities in district or AU
*Tues, July 26 to Masvingo, Wed july 27 to Bulawayo, Fri july 29 to Hwange
Sat July 30., Sun, Mon, Stay in Vic Falls
Tues, Aug 2 — Vic Falls to Harare, Wed., Aug. 3 — Fly out of Harare to USA or Tanzania
- Rev. Wellington Chiomadzi, former associate campus pastor at Wesley Foundation at Purdue, currently serving Reynolds UMC and associate at Monticello UMC in NW District INUMC and bonafide child of Makoni-Buhera District, member of Zimbabwe West Annual Conference. BDiv Africa University 07.
- Janée LaFuze, veteran of the 2016 Encounter Africa Mission Trip to Zimbabwe/Zambia/DRC, Lay Leader of NW District, INUMC
- Rev. Dr. J. Glen Robyne: Campus Pastor/Director at Wesley Foundation at Purdue, Visiting Chaplain at Africa University (Spring 2016), has led five partnership missions to Zimbabwe (two with extensions to Zambia and DRCongo)
- David “Sir Wonky” Czerwonky, current MSECE student at Purdue, former Spiritual Nurture Chair at Wesley Foundation at Purdue.
This document link: 2022 Partnership Mission to Zimbabwe — details at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QNpWYOjTZq5Br6c0Zxbco_89ibkL5eKMJ4YGVlKBut0/edit?usp=sharing
Questions contact Janee LaFuze or Glen Robyne.