Central Avenue UM Church (closed in 2005). The original M. E. congregation formed in 1854. Now known as “the Old Centrum,” the building is administered by a private non-profit foundation. The current structure, built in 1891, is an excellent example of “the Akron plan,” which features a central Sunday School room surrounded by individual classrooms with wide doors that can be opened up for extra seating.