Moores Hill College was founded here in 1854 by the South Indiana (M.E.) Conference. The original building was destroyed by fire in 1915. The school operated here until it moved to Evansville where it remains a United Methodist-related institution, known today as the University of Evansville. Carnegie Hall, built in 1907, is the one former college building still standing and in use. It was placed on the National Register in 1994.

Moores Hill is south of State Road 350, some twelve miles northwest of Aurora.

GPS: 39 06 44.55, -85 05 32.47