Website Carmel United Methodist Church
The Youth Minister is responsible for providing planning and coordination of youth activities for grades six through twelve. The Youth Minister will work alongside the director of youth and discipleship to provide ministry that helps students and parents connect, grow, and serve.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working with 6th – 12th grade students, a strong background in Christian education and biblical learning, and be a strong relationship builder. They will be comfortable in an ever-changing work environment and be friendly and approachable to students, families, and staff.
● Lead and organize effective programs for students that create a fun and loving atmosphere for students.
● Create large and small group events and programs for middle and high school students
● Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes
● Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events and activities within the ministry.
● Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach initiatives. Find opportunities for the whole church to include youth in experiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMMUNICATIONS
A. Specific Technical Knowledge: email, social media posts, Excel, ProPresenter
B. Self-Management: self motivated, relationship skills with teens and adults
C. Leadership: able to lead students and adults, delegating roles
D. Educational Requirements/Experience: at least 2 years of youth ministry experience (either as a leader or volunteer), college degree recommended, working knowledge of creative programming
E. Faith: a personal love and passion for Jesus and sharing that faith with others
– Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third, and the ministry fourth.
– Be loyal to the vision and staff of Carmel UMC and always protect the unity of the church.
– Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with the congregation, staff, and volunteers.
To apply for this job please visit carmelumc.org.