FLSA Classification – Exempt/Salaried
ACA Classification – Regular Half-Time
Supervisor —Associate Director of Diversity, Mission and Justice Ministries
To assist the Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice Ministries by leading the Indiana Conference ministry area of missions. The Missions Coordinator will provide leadership, oversight and implementation of programs and ministry that address local, national and international missions.
1. Lead, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice Ministries and the missional efforts of the Conference.
2. Oversee the work and fulfillment of the Disaster Relief Team’s mission, to provide a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of disaster.
3. Oversee the work and fulfillment of the United Methodist Volunteers in Mission – to support efforts by individuals and teams of volunteers within the North Central Jurisdiction who are invited by and work with the local host United Methodist Church or affiliated agency to bring Christ’s healing to situations of need.
4. Oversee and manage Conference mission related grant program including creation of new grants, grant applications, grant selection process, convening grant committee, etc.
5. Advocate for and develop systems of fund development for mission ministries.
6. Be financially accountable for the ministries for which you are responsible in collaboration with the Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice Ministries and the Director of Connectional Ministries.
7. Work as a team player with the Grant Committee, Volunteers in Mission, Disaster Relief Teams, IN Missions and Justice Team, North Central Jurisdiction Missions-related Ministries and GCORR.
8. Commit to the Diversity, Mission & Justice Ministries Big IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Anti-Racism.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions as necessary.
1. Supervision of committee chairs and members of Missions Team, Disaster Relief Team, and VIM Team.
Assist Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice with other departmental projects as needed.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Supportive of the mission and ministry of The United Methodist Church
2. Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Indiana Annual Conference
3. Cultural and global awareness
5. Time management skills
6. Effective and efficient use of time, talent and resources; high ability to prioritize
7. Highly relational; high emotional intelligence
8. Ability to lead a team and be part of a team
9. Dependability and high degree of integrity
10.Commitment to confidentiality
11.Communication proficiency, both oral and written
14.A commitment to team ministry
Educational and Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a four-year degree from an accredited learning institution
2. A minimum of 5 years performing duties of a like-nature to the position described herein, or in a position wherein the skills and experience are
deemed transferrable and relative
Work Environment and Travel Demands
This position’s function and duties are performed in a professional office environment. The role requires the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing (both physical and electronic) and fax machines. The position offers the flexibility to work remotely and in a virtual setting. However, it may occasionally require attendance in the Indiana Conference Center at least one (1) day per work week. While performing the duties of this position, travel may be required for up to 30 percent of the year. Ability to work remotely or in a virtual setting is required.
All resumes and information should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 12, 2021